- November 02, 2016
September 29, 2016
1. Neoprene is meant to get wet and won’t ruin in the rain like traditional fabric or leather. It’s durable and easy to clean so you don’t have to worry about walking in mud or dirty city streets.
2. They are MUCH easier to put on and take off than rain boots.
3. The rubber sole will keep you from sliding around on wet or slippery surfaces.
4. They allow for ventilation unlike your rain boots so your feet will not overheat.
5. You can wear them rain or shine - if it starts raining in the middle of the day, no need to sprint home for your rain boots!
6. They fit snug on your feet so they will not slip off.
7. They will not kick up dirt and sludge onto your pants like flip-flops or sandals do.
8. The neoprene dries quickly so you don’t have to walk around with wet feet all day.
9. They are lightweight so you can hop over puddles.
10. You can still look stylish even when it is pouring rain!
Get. Your. Feet. Wet.
August 16, 2016
You know that feeling of complete calm and serenity when you’re by the sea? Well, it has been scientifically proven that staring at a large body of water brings our brain a sense of calm almost equal to being in a meditative state.
RELAX YOUR MIND
Marine biologist Wallace J. Nichols has discovered that by selectively focusing on a few elements – the sounds of the waves, the smell of the air, the feeling of the sand underneath your Sea Star Beachcomber Espadrilles, etc. – our mind effectively blocks out all the noise that’s making it stressed and we’re able to completely relax (with or without an accompanying bottle of rosé).
DISCONNECT AND GET CREATIVE
By venturing to a beach or to anywhere you can experience the sea, and disconnecting from the thousands of toxic stimuli invading our thoughts, you will not only be putting your mind at ease, but your creativity will finally be able to shine through. A quick trip to the sea will activate your default mode network (DMN), which is commonly associated with daydreaming, imagination, and creativity. The DMN is commonly switched on when the brain is in wakeful rest – aka relaxing by the ocean and getting away from our crazy everyday lives.
So pack you beach or boat bag with your summer essentials – don’t forget your Sea Star Beachwear Beachcomber Espadrilles – because you no longer need an excuse to escape to the ocean, now you have a scientific reason to relax, disconnect, and get creative.
Adapted from Ashley Macey’s Brit and Co. Article
August 08, 2016
The classic espadrille is a style that has truly endured the test of time. This rustic, rope-soled style of footwear was popular with Pyrenean peasants in France for centuries before the Duke of Windsor elevated them to the height of fashion.
In the 1940’s in Barcelona, on the other side of the mountains that divide Spain from France, espadrilles came into the spotlight. At this point in time the poverty in Spain was tremendous and therefore leather shoes were not always an option…espadrilles were the perfect alternative, created in a range of canvas, with rope-soles
As time went on and other shops and designers began to produce and sell espadrilles, the shoes’ status as a summer fashion staple was assured. They soon even became the official dress shoes of the Catalan police force and were especially adored by the Spanish surrealist painter, Salvador Dali.
The production and style of espadrilles has changed little over the centuries; the sole being formed by coiling the plaited rope into shape, stitching it transversally and suing an implement that looks like a straight-side rolling pin to flatten it. Then the linen upper is stitched to the sole.
But then we came along.
Our Beachcomber Espadrilles are the classic espadrille re-imagined! Made of neoprene with a breathable, quick-drying neoprene upper and a protective rubber sole. They are perfect for the transition from beach to street, from boat to float, and for any and all your adventures to come.
Article adopted from Nicholas Foulkes’ “Humble Origins to Classic Footwear, Espadrilles Endure” article in Newsweek.
July 11, 2016
Make sure to check out our Instagram this week and enter our summer adventure giveaway! One lucky winner will receive 2 pairs of Sea Star Beachwear Beachcomber Espadrilles, a surfboard with the Sea Star Beachwear logo, as well as a towel and a bag.
Entry details are below. The contest starts today and ends Friday, so don’t miss out!
We believe that everybody deserves a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Whether you're headed to Cali, Capri, or the Cape, this summer should be filled with great style, and even greater adventures.
We've partnered with @degree33surfbards and @thebeachpeople to compile the ultimate adventure package with this summer’s must-have accessories.
The winner will receive:
- 2 pairs of Sea Star Beachwear Beachcomber Espadrilles
- A Degree 33 handcrafted, fiberglass surfboard decked out with the Sea Star Beachwear logo
- The Beach People signature Roundie towel and Jute bag
Here's how it works:
- Follow Sea Star Beachwear
- Repost this photo with the hashtag #seastarsummer
The winner will be announced on Friday, July 15th and contacted via direct message.
**Must be 18 or older, living in the US or Canada**